What is The Venture Fund?
The Venture Fund is a source of financial support for new and innovative programming focused on professional development and networking for and among members of CASE District I. The Fund is intended to support special initiatives and programs not already funded by the Board and the District’s annual operating budget.
The Venture Fund is not a resource to pay registration fees for existing programs or for participation in a program attended by just one DI member.
How much funding is available via The Venture Fund?
There is a total of $15,000 available in Venture Fund capital for the 2018-19 year. Grants will range from $500 to a maximum of $2,000 and are awarded on a bi-annual basis. For the current fiscal year, the application process will begin soon.
What are the criteria for applications to The Venture Fund?
Members from all CASE DI institutions may apply for support from The Venture Fund. All applications will be given thorough consideration and must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate collaboration between a group of CASE DI members/institutions in the planning and execution of proposed program;
- Demonstrate impact on a number of CASE professionals;
- Propose a program not already funded by CASE DI;
- Provide an opportunity for the professional development of CASE members.
What is the process for applying for a grant from The Venture Fund?
- Complete and submit the Application for Support from The Venture Fund by one of the deadlines listed above.
- The DI Venture Fund Committee reviews applications and recommends which proposals should be funded to the DI Board for final funding approval.
- Grant recipients are contacted by the DI Venture Fund Committee and awards announced. Those not selected for funding will also be notified.
- Grant payment will be made to the sponsoring institution.
- If the program being funded is cancelled for any reason, the sponsoring institution is responsible for returning the full amount of The Venture Fund grant to the District.
- Grant recipients plan and market their programs independently of CASE/CASE DI. As per the application, grant recipients are required to:
- Recognize the support from the CASE DI Venture Fund in all of their marketing materials for this activity.
- Complete their activity within 12 months of notification of their award.
- Submit a final, written report on their program within 30 days of the program’s completion.
- Any net revenue (profit) generated through this activity will be returned to CASE DI for reinvestment in The Venture Fund.