When’s the last time you took a good hard look at your school’s brand? Are perception and reality aligned? Do you need to rebrand your school? Where do you start? How do you get internal buy-in? Do you take on the challenge internally or hire an outside agency? The list of questions goes on and on.
Rebranding is a significant decision for any college or university—one that should be based on the proper understanding of its existing brand position in the broader environment. As a small liberal arts university, Wesleyan doesn’t have a big budget or large internal staff to manage such a huge—and important—project. Join us for our session, and you’ll walk away knowing the steps you need to take to successfully rebrand your school. Topics will include:
• How to know when it’s time to consider a branding or rebranding effort.
• How to sell the idea internally to your constituents, including the president, board, faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
• How to pick the right agency or agencies.
• The four-step rebranding process: discovery, testing, validation, and creative implementation.
• The “watch-outs” along the way!