CASE District I Annual Meeting
Westin Copley Place
March 15, 2018
Call to Order and Welcome
The meeting was called to order at 12:35 p.m. on March 15, 2018 by CASE District I Chair Gilbert Tordjman.
Secretary Cristina Dieguez-Kuo presented the minutes from last year’s Annual Meeting. On a motion duly made, the minutes of the 2017 annual business meeting were approved as presented.
CASE District I Treasurer Lesley Pratt presented the report of the treasurer and financial statements. In accordance with the policies of CASE International, District I takes part in an annual review process with auditors Tate & Tryon. Ms. Pratt reported that District I ended fiscal year with net assets of $837,002. The 2018 budget established an operating budget of $612,938 which includes a transfer of $64,289 from investments to cover association costs. On a motion duly made, the treasurer’s report was approved as presented.
Election of the Officers
Chair-elect Beth Cahill presented the slate:
- Linda McIntosh, executive director, advancement information systems & prospect research, Boston College
- Andy Tiedemann, associate vice president institutional communications, Babson College
- Linnell Bickford, director of leadership giving, Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College
- Kevin Fleming, director of alumni relations, Emerson College
- Jenny Hammond, director of alumni and parent engagement, Deerfield Academy
- Alan Ryea, vice president for alumni relations, The University of Vermont Foundation
- Chris Toro, executive director, office of individual giving, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Don Brezinski, senior vice president institutional advancement, Southern New Hampshire University
- Michelle Davis, chief marketing officer, Olin College of Engineering
- Clare McCully, vice president for advancement, Newbury College
- Michael Stenko, director of alumni affairs, Eastern Connecticut State University
2018 District I Conference Chairs (ex officio):
- Nicole Sullivan, special assistant, governance, Babson College
- Lauren Wojtkun, director, volunteer training and development, MIT Alumni Association
On a motion duly made, the slate was approved as presented.
Ms. Cahill recognized the following individuals who will continue their service to CASE District I in the 2018-2019 term:
Chair: Beth Cahill, director of alumni and development, Renbrook School
Chair-elect: Montique (Mo) Cotton Kelly, vice president, alumni relations, University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc.
Immediate Past Chair: Gilbert Tordjman, executive director, advancement services, Concordia University
Secretary: Cristina Dieguez-Kuo, campaign director, Miss Porter’s School
Treasurer: Lesley Pratt, assistant vice president of advancement services, Northeastern University
Vice chair: Jackie Nowell, associate vice president, donor relations & engagement, University of Rhode Island Foundation
Amy Haile, senior director of advancement operations, University of New England
Barbara Sabia, director of individual giving, Yale Law School
Carla Zottoli, executive director, Mount Wachusett Community College
CASE-ASAP Liaison (ex-officio): Stefanie Stevens Seslar, director of alumni relations, Albertus Magnus College
Chair-elect Cahill thanked board members whose term will conclude at the end of June:
Erica Broman, vice president, Westfield State University
Trish Duff, director, alumni relations, McGill University
Veronica Jorge-Curtis, director of advancement, The Fenn School
Dave Nuscher, senior director, operations and planning University communications and marketing, Tufts University
Donna Stock, assistant vice president, leadership giving, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
The 2018 Conference co-chairs were thanked for their efforts on behalf of the district.
Amanda Lazarus, director of class campaigns, Brown Annual Fund, Brown University
Samantha Mocle, assistant director of communication, Lasell College
The members of the nominating committee were thanked by committee chair Cahill for their service in selecting this year’s slate of new board members:
Joe Long, Springfield College
Greta Morgan, College of the Holy Cross
Dave Nuscher, Tufts University
Christine Tempesta, MIT
Gilbert Tordjman, Concordia University
There being no further business, on motion duly made, the meeting was adjourned.
Submitted: Cristina Dieguez-Kuo, CASE District I Board Secretary